Easy Tandoori Chicken Recipe
Tandoori chicken is an Indian favourite and if you cut back on the oil it becomes a healthy dish. You don’t need a special tandoor oven for this recipe, and can make it in a normal oven. Tandoori chicken can be made with either disjointed pieces of chicken or with chicken breasts. Either way, it can be eaten in a myriad of ways, with naan bread, rice, as a topping for pizzas or as a filling in wraps and sandwiches.
To get the bright yellow colour, you can either use store bought Tandoori Masala, or add turmeric to the marinade for a less orangy colour. Weight watchers points values have been calculated for this Tandoori Chicken recipe.
|Serves||Prep Time||Cook Time||Calories||Sat Fat||WW Points|
|5 wraps||15 mins||30 mins||415||3.75g||8.5|
Note: Calories, Saturated Fats and Weight Watchers Points are on a per serving basis.
- 500 g chicken fillet (slice into scallops)
- 1 cup low fat plain yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon garlic (crushed)
- 1 teaspoon ginger (crushed)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 0.5 teaspoon tumeric or tandoori powder
- 5 wholemeal wraps
- Salt to season
- Yoghurt and cucumber slices for serving
- Fresh Coriander for garnish